Wednesday, October 3, 2012

28-day Challenge: Day 2

Day 2, done!  No cheating, although I did eat some crackers with a fat % that is a bit too high...40%.  The rule of thumb for Engine 2 is to eat foods with 20% or fewer calories from fat.  I am finding that very hard to do with certain foods that are seemingly "Engine 2 approved" like tofu and almond milk.  For example, my unsweetened almond milk has almost 100% calories from fat (30 calories in 1 cup, 25 calories from fat).  However, if I got sweetened almond milk (read: more sugar), then the calories would go up and the fat % would go down--but that does not seem like a reasonable solution.  Eat more sugar to reduce the fat %?  No thanks!  I need to learn more about it and figure out the best way to use my calories.  If you have any suggestions or experience with this, comments are welcome!

Shout out to California Lavash wraps.  Engine 2 approved and oh so yummy.  Use them to wrap veggies and oil-free hummus for a quick portable lunch.  Note on the hummus--to mix it up a little, try adding one of these to your next batch: ground cumin or whole toasted cumin seeds, cilantro, roasted red peppers, roasted garlic, fresh dill...the possibilities are endless!

And big props to my accountabili-buddy--she has also stuck to the diet for the past 2 days and is going strong.  Woop woop!

No comments:

Post a Comment