Saturday, October 20, 2012

28-Day Challenge: Day 19

It sure does pay off to have talented cooks as your friends :)  Especially when those friends are generous and fun!  Major shout out to my friends Haley and Mike for the most amazing dinner last night.  While it is mostly vegan, I warn you now to skip over the dessert part if you are going to judge me!

First course:  butternut squash soup with fresh chives



Second course: Homemade pizza with pesto sauce, kale, and red pepper (my corner on the right does not have cheese or bacon)

 Pre-bake

 Pre-bake

 My three pieces in the bottom right corner


Dessert:  Mini apple pies

 


Yes, that is a tiny scoop of ice cream.  Totally worth it!

Going.... 

 Gone!

Disclaimer:  I cannot be sure that the pizza crust or pie crust were totally vegan.  They were gluten-free, though.  That much I know :)

No comments:

Post a Comment