Monday, July 22, 2013

Raw Fruit Pie

I really should call this my Raw Fruit Pie.v2, or Pie 2.0, because you may remember my first raw fruit pie post from way back when I first started this blog.  Well, my friend, Stacey, and I had a hankering for it again this weekend.  However, I decided to re-vamp it using a whole different mix of fresh fruit, just to see how it would turn out.

Holy. Moly. YUM.  This one blows the other one away by, like, a million.


Never have I had such a deliciously fresh dessert that is 100% plant-strong (and ssshhh....it is healthy for you!).  Hands down, this dessert takes the cake, er, pie, when it comes to yumminess.  Look at this ingredient list and tell me how you can possibly go wrong?  That's right, you can't.


Raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, kiwi and mango.  Rinse and slice 'em.


Dried, pitted dates, walnuts, cashews, and almonds.  Splash of pure vanilla extract.  Throw 'em in a food processor.


Pulse until you get a grainy consistency.


Press the mixture into a pie pan.  It will be sticky and fun, so just go with it.


Layer the mango first, then the kiwi (this is me just halfway through the kiwi, so go ahead and do a full layer across).


Puree the raspberries (fresh or frozen work just fine since you're pureeing them.  All other fruits must be fresh, though.).  Pour on top of the fruit layers.


Spread evenly with a spatula.


Top with a pretty design of more fresh sliced mango, kiwi, blackberries, and blueberries.


Chill in the fridge for at least an hour.  (I waited overnight, which was tough!) Slice into pie slices and dig in!

I shared this pie with some friends for lunch on a lazy Sunday afternoon. They were absolutely in love with it!  Now I may be called upon to make this regularly for our dinners and get-togethers, for which I will happily oblige (selfishly so I can eat it more often!).  This crowd-pleaser is a keeper!

P.S.  For 8 servings, the nutritional info is as follows (according to MyFitnessPal):

Calories: 220
Carbs: 32g
Sugar: 22g
Fat: 9g (Saturated fat: 1g)
Protein: 5g
Fiber: 5g

No comments:

Post a Comment