Thursday, July 11, 2013

Getting back on track--you can help!

I am back on track after an indulgent 4th of July Holiday with two quick health-restoring updates for you (yes, all 3 of you).

1.  I signed up with the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society's Team in Training program to train to run the Nike Women's Half Marathon in San Francisco in October!  Woohoo, I am so excited.  If you are able to donate any little bit, or know someone who will, please click on the link below (you can also click the widget on the right side of my blog).  What better way to help me get off my butt and run while supporting the fight against cancer??

Send Lisa to San Francisco and Help Save Lives!!

Check out more about the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society and Team in Training, too (just be sure to donate through my personal link above so I'll see that you get credit towards my goal!).

And....

2.  My friends and I are doing a 3 week cleanse, based on the Clean Program.  However, we are NOT doing any of the supplements because, well, ew.  Instead, we are just using the meal plan for the Dos and Don'ts for what types of foods we can eat--but the catch is that we are doing smoothies for breakfast and dinner, with our only solid meal being for lunch.  A snack in between is okay, too.

This is generally how I eat anyway--whole, plant-based foods, with the exception of no nightshades (eggplant, tomato, etc.), no wheat products, no caffeine, and no alcohol.  In order to push myself a little bit more, I am aiming to go 85/15 raw.  The 15% will be things like legumes, flax seed, and the occasional oven baked portobello mushroom.

So here's to my first smoothie on Day 1 (Monday).  Wish me luck!


Water, unsweetened almond milk, frozen blueberries, blackberries, and peaches, half an avocado, ground flax seed, and tons of spinach and baby kale


Cheers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment