Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Garden Update

It is almost salsa-making time!  I have my first jalapeno, and so many green tomatoes that I hope they do not ripen all at once or I will not know what to do with all of them!  Bottle up salsa for my friends, perhaps?

Here is my garden as of yesterday.  Those tomato plants on the left side in the box are up to my shoulders, and that artichoke plant on the right is out of control!


For comparison, here is what it looked like when first planted:


Then partway between then and now:


And now (again)!


I just put in the stakes for additional support for the tomatoes, and also set up a pseudo-trellis for my cucumber vine.  It is hard to tell in this picture, but this is about 2 feet high and there are tons of baby cucumbers forming!!  Eek!!


Here's my first jalapeno:


And tons of tomatoes!  Look out for new recipes coming soon, featuring these babies.  Oh yeah, you cannot get more local than this!




1 comment: