Thursday, April 11, 2013

Stuffed mushrooms

These are easy peasy! I used to love stuffing baby portobellos with goat cheese and herbs, so when I got a craving for them recently I had to come up with a plant-strong alternative. I'm glad I did, because these are even better than my former fave!

Preheat oven to 350.

Wash the 'shrooms really well and break off the stems (don't toss them!). Lightly spray the caps with olive oil, or lightly brush them. You don't want them to stick to the pan or dry out...(I haven't figured out how to do this without any oil at all, but the spray adds negligible fat).

Chop the stem pieces and set aside.

Sauté spinach and baby kale (or any other greens) with some minced garlic and diced onion. Add the chopped mushroom, too. Add a splash of balsamic vinegar during the last minute or so.


Don't be skimpy with the greens...look how much they cook down!


Using a small spoon, spoon the mixture into the mushroom caps.


Bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes, checking for done was when the mushrooms are dark and juicy.

Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment